Aseprite is a pixel art tool that lets you create 2D animations for videogames.
- Compose sprites using layers & frames as separated concepts
- Create images in RGBA or Indexed color modes
- Open/Save GIF animations, sequence of PNG files, etc.
- A timeline where you can copy/move layers, frames, or specific images
- Animation tools: Real-time animation preview, onion skinning, tag frames
- Pixel art tools: shading, pixel perfect strokes, RotSprite rotation, tiled mode, filled contour
- Export/import sprite sheets
- A command line interface to automate conversion and sprite sheets generation